1. Implement strategic technical solutions to make a product, service or process faster, safer, easier and cheaper
conduct research and implement programs to determine optimal inventory levels for production and allow optimal use of machinery, materials and resources;
- evaluate the reliability and performance of plants and production or administrative systems;
- establish programs and look for ways to increase occupational safety and health, or identify and correct fires and other hazards;
- evaluate industrial plants and study new machinery to recommend or select efficient combinations;
- design, develop and conduct studies on time and work simplification programs;
- plan, design, evaluate and optimize writing concepts and specifications;
- develop flexible or integrated production systems and procedures;
analyze production costs;
2. Improve profitability, customer service and the quality of products and services while reducing costs:
use mathematical methods and models to design information and production systems to meet customer needs efficiently.
3. Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff and other engineers:
train assemblers, quality control assistants and technicians, when necessary, regarding procedures, equipment and documentation.